Best steam cleaner for tile and grout?
Finding the best steam cleaner for tile and grout can be the worst idea for any homeowner. Steam cleaners are the worst tool for tile and grout cleaning. As a professional tile and grout cleaning service, I see many homes where people attempt to clean their tile and grout with these tools. I am busier from folks using this product alone than no product at all used. Homes are filthier from the everyday use of these steam cleaners than they were before they started. The reasons that I see this as a problem are listed below:
- Too many edges for dirt to be trapped in. (Grooves, grout, pits, and more)
- Smearing and Hazing the tile and grout…(Step back and look with the windows or door open)
- Care for the actual tile steam cleaner is not followed. (using regular water versus distilled, not rinsing the pad well)
- Cheap plastic tools, thin cheap pads, break easily.
- The solution that is included with some of these products, films, and layers of a film on the floor from hell!
Looking for a better solution when maintaining your tile and grout? Use hot water, a microfiber padded mop, and blue dawn. Here are the directions with links to these products:
- Turn on the hot water kitchen sink, laundry room, or like.
- Prepare 1 drip of blue dawn in an 18-ounce trigger bottle filled with water.
- Purchase a microfiber padded mop that’s durable like the one I link to.
- Start at the deepest of your house (vacuum if necessary) and keep the clean areas ahead of you. (Mop and dawn solution) Work backward.
- Upon finishing with blue dawn and water, follow again with rinse only (no solution) just rinse the pad out in the sink.
Ultimately it’s called “clean and rinse” If you follow this procedure about once a week, your floors will be a lot cleaner with less filming, dirt, grease, and grime.
Hire a Professional Service
As a suggestion, hire a professional tile and grout cleaning service to ensure floors are thoroughly cleaned, as these service companies carry machinery specifically designed to maintain your tile and grout, as well as keep it looking new! Also, keep bare feet and shoes off the tile and grout, don’t use any other chemicals on the floors, and stay away from steam cleaners or like products.
The best steam cleaner for tile and grout may be the professional service that will be called periodically pending on how much traffic you have in your home.
For more information about steam cleaners and tile and grout, visit my website for a lot more helpful information.